Your FREE ACTIVE REAL ESTATE FORECLOSURES FOR SALE IN BIRMINGHAM AL – 01/06/2012 list has been posted.
These are Single Family Homes ‘Active’ on the Birmingham MLS. These homes are ripe for the picking. DO NOT LET THEM PASS YOU BY…ACT NOW….BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
I hope you have an awesome day, packed with smiles while searching for your active Birmingham AL Real Estate Dream.
It’s been a mild winter throughout most of the country so far. That means we still have time to run through a foul-weather checklist. Here are 10 “must do’s” to have a warm, cozy and safe winter.
1. Check attic insulation. A foot of blown-in or batt insulation (R-38) in the attic reduces heat transfer from heated interior space to the great outdoors. This is a do-it-yourself job.
2. Install or replace weatherstripping, if necessary. Check the rubber threshold gasket at the bottom of exterior doors and replace if worn or torn.
3. Check exterior doors and windows for gaps. Modern windows are probably OK, but older windows may need some help.
4. Check the outside of doors and windows for voids, and caulk any gaps you see.
5. Change the filter in the heater. In older furnaces, filters should be changed monthly. Change or service newer, more efficient filters according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Replace your old thermostat with a new programmable model.
7. Have your heater inspected by a licensed heating and air conditioning contractor. An inspection ensures that the heater is operating safely and efficiently.
8. Check the carbon monoxide (CO) detector. If you don’t have one, get one. Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that kills.
9. Clean gutters and downspouts so fallen leaves won’t clog them.
10. Clean the fireplace of ashes; visually check the chimney for loose or missing mortar.